Updated: March 11, 2018
Certain aspects of the Service may be subject to additional terms and conditions, which may include, among other things, particularized age requirements, codes of conduct, sweepstakes and contest rules, and payment or subscription terms (collectively, “Additional Terms”).
4. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
By entering and using our site, you agree to all of these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree, please leave now.
6. User Content From time to time, certain aspects of the Service may invite or otherwise allow you to submit or post a variety of content to the Service, such as text (including comments and reviews), images, videos, music, and other information, either directly to the Service or through a Third Party Service (collectively, “User Content”). Your User Content remains your own, unless as otherwise may be provided in Additional Terms. Please be aware, however, that User Content is not confidential and may be accessible by other users and the public. Moreover, by submitting or posting User Content to the Service (either directly or through a Third Party Service) you grant USHISTORYQUOTES.COM a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, sublicensable, assignable, unrestricted, worldwide license to use the User Content, together with all consents or waivers including a publicity rights waiver and a waiver of moral rights (if any) in favor of USHISTORYQUOTES.COM necessary to reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, transmit, communicate to the public, modify and make derivative works of the User Content, by any means and in all media formats and channels now known or hereafter devised in perpetuity, and to advertise and promote such use, without further notice to, or permission from, you or any other person, and without compensation or reference to you or any other person. Please retain copies of all User Content as USHISTORYQUOTES.COM is under no obligation to store or return any User Content to you. Your submission of User Content will not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality, attribution, or otherwise. You are solely responsible for your User Content. USHISTORYQUOTES.COM only acts as a passive conduit for User Content, and will not be liable for any use, disclosure, or exposure of any User Content, including possibly objectionable or offensive User Content, to you, any other user, or any third party. USHISTORYQUOTES.COM is under no obligation to monitor User Content or use of the Service. However, USHISTORYQUOTES.COM has the right to monitor or moderate User Content, in our sole discretion, and to enforce our or a third party’s intellectual property rights in any User Content. USHISTORYQUOTES.COM reserves the right to discard or remove User Content from the Service in its sole discretion and without any liability whatsoever. You represent and warrant the following as to your User Content:
A. You have obtained the written consent of every identifiable individual featured in your User Content (or, in the case of minors, consent of the minor’s parent or guardian) to use that person’s name, voice, and/or likeness (as applicable) in connection with the Service and pursuant to these Terms.
B. Your User Content does not infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third-party intellectual property rights, including copyrights, trade secrets, or trademarks.
C. Your User Content, as used in connection with the Service, will not violate any applicable laws or regulations or infringe or violate any rights of a third party, including third-party publicity or privacy rights.
D. USHISTORYQUOTES.COM may exercise the rights to your User Content granted herein without any liability, including for payment of royalties, residuals, guild fees, or the like, to you or any third party.
10. Code of Conduct –
In using the Service you also agree not to:
◦ attempt to interfere with the operation of the Service in any way;
◦ copy, reproduce, distribute, transfer, sell, license, publish, enter into a database, display, perform publicly, modify, create derivative works of, upload, edit, post, link to, frame, transmit, rent, lease, lend or sublicense, scrape, crawl, or in any way exploit any part of the Service (except: (a) as authorized herein; or (b) in the case of public search engines, which are granted a revocable right to crawl publicly accessible portions of the Service in compliance with instructions posted on applicable “robots.txt” files and without circumventing any technical barriers, for the sole purpose of creating public searchable indexes, but not caches or archives);
◦ use any viruses, worms, bug exploits, or similar data-gathering and extraction tools on the Service, or frame any portion of the Service, or attempt to tamper, hack, corrupt, or impair the administration or security of the Service;
◦ assign, sublicense, pledge or transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement to any person or entity without USHISTORYQUOTES.COM ’s prior written consent which may be withheld in USHISTORYQUOTES.COM ’s sole discretion (and any such purported assignment, pledge, or transfer without such prior written consent will be null and void);
◦ use any tools designed to compromise security or digital rights management technology (including password guessing programs, cracking tools, or network probing tools) in connection with the Service;
◦ use the Service for any commercial purposes, including sending “spam” or any malicious or disruptive communications;
◦ decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce the code used in any Apps, other software, or digital rights management feature on the Service into a readable form in order to examine the construction of such software or to copy or create other products based (in whole or in part) on such software or any feature of the Service or piece of Content available on the Service; or
◦ intercept, record, or modify network communications transmitted between any Apps, software, or digital rights management features and USHISTORYQUOTES.COM ’s networks or systems.
12. Unsolicited Submissions and Feedback –
USHISTORYQUOTES.COM does not accept unsolicited submissions of concepts, creative ideas, suggestions, stories, scripts, or other potential creative content (“Unsolicited Submissions”). This is to avoid the possibility of future misunderstanding when projects developed by USHISTORYQUOTES.COM staff or representatives might seem to others to be similar to their submitted concepts, creative ideas, suggestions, stories, scripts, or other potential creative content. Therefore, please do not send USHISTORYQUOTES.COM any Unsolicited Submissions. In the event you do send us an Unsolicited Submission, you understand and agree that your Unsolicited Submission does not create any fiduciary relationship between you and USHISTORYQUOTES.COM and that we are under no obligation to refrain from using the Unsolicited Submission (in whole or in part), to keep it confidential, or to compensate you for our use of it.
13. International Use – USHISTORYQUOTES.COM makes no representation that every aspect of the Service is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. When you choose to access and use the Service, you agree that:
A. you do so on your own initiative and at your own risk;
B. you will not use the Service if you are prohibited from receiving products, services, or software originating from the United States;
C. you are responsible for complying with local laws and regulations, if and to the extent local laws and regulations are applicable; and
D. you specifically agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations concerning the transmission of technical data exported from the country in which you reside.
14. If there is a conflict between any of the terms herein and your rights in your place of residence, your rights under applicable law will control as to those specific terms.
15. Disclaimer of Warranties – YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, USHISTORYQUOTES.COM DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. USHISTORYQUOTES.COM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE, UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVICE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THE SERVICE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. USHISTORYQUOTES.COM DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SERVICE, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, CONTENT, OR OTHER MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ANY WEBSITE, APP, PLATFORM, OR SERVICE LINKED TO THE SERVICE, WHETHER IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, VALIDITY, PROPRIETY, RELIABILITY, LEGALITY, SECURITY, OR OTHERWISE. USHISTORYQUOTES.COM MAKES NO WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, CONTENT, OR OTHER MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ANY WEBSITE, APP, OR SERVICE LINKED TO FROM THE SERVICE WILL NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS; AND USHISTORYQUOTES.COM ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN SUCH SERVICES, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, CONTENT, OR OTHER MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE, APP, PLATFORM OR SERVICE LINKED TO THE SERVICE. IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE IMPLIED WARRANTIES TO APPLY TO YOU, THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS WILL APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
16. Limitation of Liability – USHISTORYQUOTES.COM DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE (DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR OTHERWISE) ARISING FROM YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE. IN NO EVENT WILL USHISTORYQUOTES.COM ’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE OR THESE TERMS EXCEED THE GREATER OF THE AMOUNT (IF ANY) PAID BY YOU TO USHISTORYQUOTES.COM IN THE SIX MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM OR $100. THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION APPLY TO ALL ACTIONS, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION, REGARDLESS OF THE BASIS UPON WHICH LIABILITY IS CLAIMED AND EVEN IF USHISTORYQUOTES.COM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW ALL OR ANY PART OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY TO APPLY TO YOU, THE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
17. Indemnity – You agree to indemnify and hold harmless USHISTORYQUOTES.COM and its directors, officers, shareholders, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, agents, and licensors (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorney fees and costs, resulting from: (i) your breach of any of the representations, warranties, and agreements made hereunder; (ii) your use of the Service; (iii) your placement or transmission of any User Content onto the Service; (iv) any use of your Account in violation of this Agreement or your failure to fulfill any obligations incurred through the use of your Account by you or a third party; or (v) your willful misconduct.
18. Dispute Resolution
C. Arbitration Agreement
19. General Terms
A. Force Majeure – USHISTORYQUOTES.COM will not have any liability to you by reason of any delay or failure to perform any obligation hereunder if the delay or failure to perform is occasioned by force majeure, which refers to any act of God, storm, fire, casualty, unanticipated work stoppage, power outage, satellite failure, strike, lockout, labor dispute, civil disturbance, riot, war, national emergency, Governmental action, or other cause beyond its control.
B. No Waiver – No failure or delay by USHISTORYQUOTES.COM in exercising its rights under this Agreement will constitute a waiver of those rights, nor will any partial assertion of any such rights preclude further assertion of the same.
C. Severability – If any provision of this Agreement is held unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severable from this Agreement and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
D. Construction – The titles of the sections of this Agreement are for convenience of reference only and are not to be considered in construing this Agreement. Unless the context of this Agreement clearly requires otherwise: (a) references to the plural include the singular, the singular the plural, and the part the whole; (b) “or” has the inclusive meaning frequently identified with the phrase “and/or;” (c) ”including” has the inclusive meaning frequently identified with the phrase “including but not limited to” or “including without limitation;” and (e) references to “hereunder,” “herein,” or “hereof” relate to this Agreement as a whole. Any reference in this Agreement to any statute, rule, regulation, or agreement, including this Agreement, will be deemed to include such statute, rule, regulation, or agreement as it may be modified, varied, amended, or supplemented from time to time.
E. Survival – Any provision herein which by its nature contemplates your continued observance following termination of this Agreement will survive termination of this Agreement.
20. Public Domain – Unless otherwise stated, all content and photos featured are believed in good faith by our editorial staff to exist in the public domain.
21. Accessibility – We strive to make the content on this website usable by all visitors, including those with disabilities.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY ALL OF THE FOREGOING TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE.
TM & © 2018 ushistoryquotes.com All rights reserved.